Monday, August 2, 2010

It's a Jungle!


No kidding...you should see my garden!

The plants are huge and they've all grown into each other
to the point that we no longer have rows...
just one big mass of leaves.
I have to pick my beans while standing in the cucumbers!

It's a little scary... I mean, first of all I never know what's lurking
under all that bush...
and secondly,
I'm getting tired just looking at it!

Hubby, on the other hand is excited as ever.
This is totally his element and he happily picks when I get chicken!

Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for the produce
and all the other yummy things to come,
but I'm also somewhat of a perfectionist (I know ...working on it)
and all these rows growing into each other's space
and not keeping orderly,

well...it doesn't sit well with me
and they better not show a hint of invading my perennial space, or....or

nevermind...
I'm going to make some bean soup now because we really do love it,
and then I have to figure out what to do with
today's crop of cucs
'cause they grew out of control when I specifically
requested they be smaller!

BTW...anyone need some cucs
or dill, or summer savory, or lettuce, or basil????
I actually can't remember what else is under there!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sara! Wonderful, but I know how you feel ... it's the very reason I don't like to keep a garden. So Harv does it all and I just try not to look at it too much, except to enjoy what he brings in for us to eat and be grateful for this provision. It is tasty for sure. Sometimes I pick a thing or two as needed :) It's just too overwhelming for me and I've given up canning so we can't necessarily use it all even from a small garden... oh well. This year we have mostly potatoes though so that is definitely useful and won't go to waste. Anyway good luck with your "jungle!" :)

Brenda