Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yummy!


Yesterday I searched for something yummy and quick to make for supper.

I came across this recipe on several sites so not sure whom to give credit,
but I believe recipezaar finally made me cave and make this.

I love that site, now known as cooks.com,
as you can check out recipes according to how others rate it...works for me!

As for the method, I changed it up due to time limitations
and it turned out fantastic!! The wonderful aroma had two hungry
boys questioning when it would be ready.

CROCK POT CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEANS AND CREAM CHEESE

4-5 boneless chicken breasts (I used 3 for the 3 of us)
1 (15 1/2 oz) can black beans, drained (I rinsed them)
1 (15 oz) can corn, drained (I used frozen which I think tastes fresher)
1 (15 oz) jar salsa (I used medium heat)
1 (8 oz) pkg of cream cheese (I used 4 oz)

Put frozen chicken breasts into crock.
Add beans, corn and salsa on top and cook for 4-5 hours.
Add 1 package cream cheese on top for the last half hour. Stir.

D.O.N.E.


MY METHOD: I wanted this done within the hour so I used fresh chicken breasts
and browned them in a pan until almost done.

Meantime - in a separate saucepan I placed the beans, frozen corn
and salsa and let it simmer while the chicken was cooking.

When the chicken was ready, I placed it in
with the sauce ingredients and covered them up with the sauce.

Simmered for about 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
(when I found this getting a little dry I added about 1/2 cup chicken stock which
I happened to be cooking at the same time as well so it was good & hot)

Place cream cheese on top, cover and let heat through,
then stir well into the mix.
Add a little cream if you think it's too thick at this point, I did,
along with a touch more salsa.

I served mine with wild & white rice veggie pilaf.

This was so delicious, we all agreed! The only thing I would do differently next time
is break up the chicken just before serving,
which is what ends up happening anyway as it's so tender :)

Oh, and I plan to use the ample leftovers for chicken enchiladas...
that is if I can get to them before someone else does!

Enjoy~~



4 comments:

Jamy said...

mmm, this sounds delicious. I am definitely gonna have to give it a try.
Thanks

Lisa said...

Not only does this look amazing, but your photography is gorgeous. Funny thing, I added some cream cheese to a chicken and cheddar dish my sister made (just needed 'something'), and wow - a great pairing :)

Lovella ♥ said...

I'm definately going to try this Sara. ..it looks fantastic.

Anneliese said...

Love the enchilada idea!