Monday, December 17, 2007

those heartstrings...

The other day the little man was over for the evening as his mommy & daddy were out with the Youth. It's always a time we look forward to. He and I have this little game we've been playing for a while... I sit next to him on the LR rug, he tackles me and then I grab him on my way down and we roll (like play-wrestling) with him in my arms. He loves it and screams in delight. Well, about a month ago he motioned to me that he was about to start "our game" when I had to stop him and explain that Nana wouldn't be able to play this time because she had a very sore back. He seemed concerned and content to play other things that night.

Anyway, back to our last visit. We were in the LR reading together when all of a sudden he got up, stood facing me with his hands on my shoulders and said, "How's your back Nana?" Oh my goodness...I melted!! The little rascal was checking to see how I was before 'tackling' me to the floor. Of course he got my praises....then I grabbed him and started rolling. What a sweet, sensitive little man - but then he's got a great example to follow - his daddy.
We played an extra long game that night, til Nana was plum tuckered out!


1 comment:

Stacey said...

He definitely doesn't forget a thing, except where he put my wedding rings...